A whole 10 years worth

Wow, hard to believe 10 years ago Brent and I eloped! A lot of people and I mean a whole lot of people did not think we would see this anniversary. Brent and I had only known each other for about 6 months when we got married so I am sure all of those people had a very good reason for having their doubts. We had our rocky moments, we both had a lot of growing up to do and a lot to learn. It took a lot of hard work on both our parts mixed with determination and my stubborn streak to get through some very hard times but the good times always met us right around the corner. Our marriage has never been stronger, never been happier and has never been more fulfilling then it is now and that rocky path is what got us here so I am grateful.

Now for the fun part looking back over those ten years! At our reception about a month after we eloped Brent sang to me and while I know this is bad I can not remember the song. I do remember him clearing his throat before he started singing, I remember his eyes and the emotion showing plainly through them and I remember the kiss afterwards. I am sure other people there remember the song and I am pretty sure Brent will remember the song but I was to busy drowning in his green gray eyes to care.

Five children, 45 months of pregnancy in ten years, now that is definitely something to be proud of. Each of our children have been such a blessing. Our home never lacks entertainment with all of the different personalities adding their take on every situation under the sun. I often find myself laughing after the fights and strange yet hysterical moments that can happen in a house full of small children. Since laughter is the best medicine I have a feeling I will live much longer for having those moments.

We have Hunter our comedian. Diagnosed with PDD/NOS and a speech delay he spent the first three plus years of his life constantly sick yet somehow he is always finding the humor in things. He will not waste the opportunity to make you laugh and at times it does get him into trouble. He struggles with focus yet excels in karate exceptional at kata and a technical fighter. He loves gaming just like his father too. He is very loving always caring especially with his sisters Skylar and Kadynce. He is getting to the age of responsibility and although it is tough he is doing his best. School is a challenge for him but he rises to it. He has a well balanced serious side that helps level out his clownish personality.  

Then came Skylar if I was not their mother I would have thought she and Hunter were twins. At 17 months apart those two were always together. Hunter taught her to say cup although he insisted his cup was called a gooy after that she developed in speech so quickly that she started talking for him. She is our head strong leader always trying to take charge of a situation especially when mommy is out of the room. Skylar is bright and artistic school seems to come naturally to her. She is in karate as well as and is already wowing her teacher with her fighting skill. She has a silly streak though and enjoys her princess moments too. She really wants to be a teacher when she grows up but is scared of the thought of leaving home.

Liberty is our baby. No not the real baby she is our middle child but personality wise she is the baby. She likes to be held, she enjoys the attention of being waited on more then the others. She started out in life very quiet but I guess that was not working out for her because she is now the loudest one in the group. She aspires to be a future Elle Woods and if you have ever seen Legally Blonde you know just what I am talking about. She easily takes an hour brushing her hair and getting dressed each morning. She is a graceful dancer and I am really looking forward to her dance performance coming up. It is easy to guess she is our girly girl always playing dress up and loves to help mommy in the kitchen.

Ah next came Justice our boy of a boy. He is as passionate as he is tough. With crystal blue eyes and a fun loving personality he never ceases to amaze me. I knew he was going to be a mover from the time I was 18 weeks pregnant he started wiggling and kicking and did not stop till I gave birth! His favorite thing in the world is to cook. As soon as he hears me in the kitchen he is by my side or pushing the step stool up to the counter telling me he is going to make with me. He enjoys gaming and watching t.v. too. He already knows  his entire alphabet and how to count to twenty he is smart as a whip! He is also an avid couponer he loves to help mommy shop and he looks for coupons as we walk through the store. He has tried tipping our bagger with coupons at the commissary that did not go over so well but it was funny.

Kadynce was our surprise baby. Brent had just come home from a remote that had been very hard on us and we immediately moved to a new base, babies were the farthest thing from our mind. I guess God had other plans because one month after Brent got home I had a positive pregnancy test. We kept her pregnancy a secret actually I did not even tell Brent right away! We waited until I was past the twelve week mark and then told our families by post card. Funny thing is they did not get it right away ok it is funny now but at the time pregnant emotional me did not see how they could not tell from the picture of a pregnant belly that we had one in the oven! We also did not find out the gender during this pregnancy which was a first for us but so much fun. I would recommend not finding out to anyone as long as you can handle the not knowing. Well Kadynce came in all the craziness of a way to natural and very fast birth and her personality has been an amazing addition to our family ever since. She is beautiful, spunky and curious I enjoy her so much!

Of course babies have not been our only accomplishments in the past ten years. Brent has become an amazing Military Working Dog Handler. He loves his job claiming it is the best in the Air Force. Who wouldn't want to play with dogs all day? He has been an active participant in the war against terrorism and I could not be any prouder of him. Brent is also a wonderful father but I think that is a given. As for me my job is to keep this family running from food on the table, keeping the house clean, folding laundry, getting everyone where they need to go on time, making sure the bills get paid and everything in-between. I wake up early and stay up late and I am living my dream. I served as a medical technician in the Air Force for the first year of our marriage until our son was born and then I was done. He needed me and that was all I wanted to do, I wanted to be there for him. I did some writing too about 6 years ago and a lot of my articles are still floating around in cyber space entertaining the masses.

All I ever wanted in life was to get married have a big family and stay home to raise my children. Brent has given me all of that and so much more. I love him so much and I am so grateful for all of the hard work that he does so that I can stay home. It is an honor to be married to him and I have never been happier.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GIVEAWAY TODAY!!

iTovi