My Commissary Shopping trip


 My list was a gallon of milk and three packs of Keeblers cookies. I had coupons I needed to use from my last shopping trip when stuff was out of stock and I was hoping to find more coupons while I shopped so I left my list open to add on items.
In the end I left with
2 Gallons of milk @ $3.46 each
6 packs of Keeblers cookies @ $1.99 each
1 pack of Nabisco cookies @ $1.70
4 DiGiorno Pizza with Bread sticks @ $5.50 each

Coupons I used: I had 2 coupons for free milk with the purchase of three packs of Keeblers cookies, a coupon for $1 off Nabisco cookies with a milk purchase and 2 coupons for $4 off with the purchase of 2 DiGiorno Pizza with Bread Sticks. So my after coupons the total was $28.77 I saved $15.92 with my five coupons that equaled a 37% savings!!One package of cookies included $4 worth of coupons that I will be able to use in the future for even more savings!

I must say God was watching out for my family this month. Last month I missed my WIC re-certification because I has sick kids to take care of and they could not reschedule me for over a month. I did not like the idea of adding milk to an already tight food budget,but I just took an it will all work out attitude and pressed on. I had some extra milk in the fridge so I tossed it in the freezer where I happened to already have three gallons frozen yeah! I knew what I had would not last long but God in all His love and kindness already had a plan, and that plan was coupons. Our Commissary strarted leaving coupons out for free milk and I stocked up. How wonderful that our God provides for us even in the little things like our grocery budget!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GIVEAWAY TODAY!!

iTovi