My Commissary Shopping trip

This was my freebie today!!
Today was my mega commissary shopping trip with all 5 kids. I admit it was a little crazy, the focus was not there. Apparently my older three children do not share my love for shopping with coupons. I did pretty good though so I am happy.

I bought 86 items including a Smithfield spiral sliced ham and used 54 coupons. I had a coupon for everything that I purchased on this trip and I only bought what was on my list. My out of pocket was $123.26, I saved $49.94 which was 30% savings off my entire bill. I also tipped my bagger $3.

Good deals and freebies that I got include that great big Nestle Coffee Mate marked $3.89 I used the free coupon I got last month in the mail to get it for absolutely nothing. I also got free Duncan Hines cake mix, Hot Dogs for .25 cents a pack and a 40 ounce bottle of Heinz Ketchup for .59 cents.

I did have to consult the manager at the end of my trip because of a rebate form that was being offered by our Commissary or so I thought. I have a rebate offer that was left by the front door of our commissary for a $5 rebate when you buy a DeCa Ham or Turkey along with 8 other items listed. Well as I was getting those items I realized two of them were not even carried by our commissary. I grabbed the next best thing and went to the check out where I had a chat with the manager. Apparently they were not even aware of the rebate offer, told me it must have been left by a vendor and he said there was nothing they can do. My plan is to still send in for the rebate and see if they will honor it. I do wonder how it is our Commissary Manager is not aware of things like this though. It is one of those things that make you go hmm. 

Here is my shopping list
  • 2 Gerber Graduate Snacks
  • 2 Eagle Sweetened Condensed Milk
  • 4 Nestle Toll house Mini Morsels
  • 2 Comstock Original Cherry Pie Filling
  • 2 Duncan Hines Cake mix
  • 4 Carnation Evaporated Milk
  • Dixie Crystal Sugar 3.4lb
  • Pillsbury Simply Buttermilk Biscuits
  • 4 Pillsbury Cresent Rolls
  • 2 Pillsbury Sweet Rolls
  • 2 Pillsbury Refrigerated Cookie Dough (Easter ones were marked down to $1 each)
  • Pillsbury Simply Cookie Dough
  • 2 Loafs of Wonder Bread 
  • 5 Contadina Can Tomatoes 
  • 2 Large Jars Vlasic Pickles
  • Heinz Ketchup
  • 2 Land O' Lakes Margarine
  • Nestle Coffee Mate Powder Creamer up to $3.99
  • Philadelphia Cooking Creme
  • 3 Birds Eye Steam Fresh
  • Pint Starbucks Icecream
  • Klondike Icecream
  • Snuggle Fabric Softner
  • Downy Dryer Sheets
  • Smithfield Ham
  • Chicken Thighs Boneless, Skinless Frozen
  • 2 Ball Park Hot Dogs
  • 2 Oscar Mayer Select Turkey Dogs
  • 2 Reynolds Wrap Aluminum Foil 80ft
  • Scott Naturals Flushable Wipes
  • Charmin Freshmates Tub
  • No More Tangles Shampoo
  • 2 Pup-peroni Dog treats
  • 2 Mars Brand Candy (I got M&Ms and Dark Dove chocolates) 
  • 2 Pringles
  • 2 Town House Crackers
  • 2 Cheez-Its ( All four of these had coupons on the back of their boxes)
  • 2 Redenbacher's Popcorn
  • 2 Boxes Sunbelt Granola Bars
  • Frito's
  • Lay's Chips
  • Sunchips
  • Earthbound Farm Organic Salad
  • 6 Del Monte Fruit Cups
  • Oscar Mayer Bacon
  • Oscar Mayer Lunch Meat
  • Eggs
I will need to do a little trip for fresh fruits, veggies and dairy after the first of the month. I am using all of these items with what I have in stock to create some awesome meals for my family over the next month or so.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GIVEAWAY TODAY!!

iTovi