What is on the menu?

I finally got to pull a new menu card. We were blessed with a great meal by a good friend from church after Liberty spent the night in the hospital so a new menu card was not needed until now. Sorry to keep you all waiting! The kids and I spent several days eating leftovers too so they would not go to waste and a fun indoor cookout was added to last weeks menu as well.


  • Baked Chicken Nuggets with rice and mixed vegetables
This is such an easy meal when you have small children that I love having it on the menu. I got a great deal on chicken nuggets this past month so I am taking advantage of it. Rice is a great healthy side dish. My children love brown rice and white rice and are happy eating it plain so that is how I tend to prepare it for them. A large bag is so cheap that it is a good idea to keep it in bulk in your pantry. As for the vegetable I stocked up on some bags of frozen vegetables so that is what we will be using with this meal. It is not what we prefer but I want to empty my freezer and defrost it soon. 
  • Spaghetti and Sauce with a Salad and Garlic Bread
Ah spaghetti again! My kids love spaghetti so it is a crowd pleasure and this is such a cheap and easy meal it works great when you are on a tight budget. 
  • Broiled Salmon with steamed rice and broccoli
Yum my favorite! I love salmon and it is great broiled. I coat it in some light olive oil with a little salt and pepper. It only takes about 4 to 5 minutes on each side and you have a high protein excellent source of brain food for dinner that the entire family will enjoy. Broccoli, cauliflower, asparagus, spinach salad just about any fresh vegetable raw,steamed or broiled will  taste great with this meal.
  • Spaghetti and Sauce with Salad
Do I really need to say more! It is a family staple I got 100 pounds for free. Pasta is a good carb after all, right?
  •  Taco Salad    
Ok taco salad this is the reason why I pulled this card. The last menu had chili on it and if you are like me you do not make just a single batch of chili you double or triple it for later meals. For this simple taco salad you will be using that left over chili. You will need a bag of tortilla chips, chopped lettuce, a couple diced tomatoes and avocados, shredded cheese, sour cream and salsa to create your salad. I make the salad's individually since not everyone at my table likes everything I put in the salad. I start with the chips, then the lettuce, add the chili and top it with the rest. Feel free to add in other ingredients your family will enjoy!

Easter side note: Normally a menu for this week would include an Easter meal however with my husband being deployed I am not making a special meal until he gets home. If we were to have it on the menu it would be as follows
A nice large spiral sliced glazed ham with apple sauce and Macaroni and Cheese a spinach salad and broiled asparagus
To make a spinach salad we use a pound of fresh raw spinach washed and chopped ,6 hard boiled eggs chopped and 6 or more slices of thick cut bacon chopped into small pieces mix it all together and serve with ranch or blue cheese dressing yum!! I hope you all have a wonderful and blessed Easter weekend.

EDIT: I am editing this to say that the spinach salad does not need to be limited to those three ingredients.  It tastes great with mushrooms, tomatoes, olives, shredded cheese, carrots, green peppers pretty much anything your family will enjoy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GIVEAWAY TODAY!!

iTovi