WalMart Shopping trip

We went to WalMart this morning after skimming the online deals, clipping a few coupons and digging through my coupon stash. I will not bore you with the details of shopping with 5 kids and a hungry husband as I am trying to block out the memories! Instead lets jump straight into my savings.

First if your WalMart carries the one pound bags of Purina One dog food and you got the $4 off coupon buy it! You get great overage and even if you do not use the dog food a shelter will. Our WalMart does not so I am saving that coupon for another day and another store.

My list was simple

  • 1/2 Gallon TruMoo Milk $3.98 (yikes if I had known it was that high I never would have promised the kids)
  • Fleischmann's Simply Homemade Bread Mix $2.28
  • A dozen eggs $1.87
  • 6 12 count Schick Slim Twin Disposable Razors $1.97 each
  • 2 2 Liter bottles of Sierra Mist $1.25 each
  • 2 Liter Bottle Dr. Pepper Tens $1
My total before coupons was $23.45 my total after coupons plus tax was $5.81!

Coupons I used

  • $0.55 off TruMoo (past paper)
  • One Free  Fleischmann's Simply Homemade Bread Mix (this mornings paper)
  • 2 of the $2 off Schick Disposable Razors (one was in this mornings paper one was in a paper from the past)
  • $4 off 2 Schick Disposable Razors (from a past paper)
  • $6 off 2 Schick Disposable Razors (this was a printable I had in my coupon stash)
  • $1 off 2 Sierra Mist (last weeks paper)
  • One Free Dr Pepper Tens (It was in the paper this morning)
All in all a good trip!
Now it is your turn to go check and see what coupons you have, run to WalMart  (with or without kids and husbands) and share your deals and steals!

I want to note that each pack of razors has a coupon in it for $3 off one 12 ct pack of Schick razors. Looks like I will be going back buying more razors and applying the overage to something else on my shopping list!

Comments

  1. I'm hoping a close walmart of ours carries that size dog food!! I have 3 coupons for it!! FREEEE baby! The package I sent you has several of the chocolate milk Q's so hope the kiddies like it! lol I also have 3 Dr Pepper Q's!!! sounds like you had a rough shopping day..it paid off!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great trip!
    I just had a big free trip to rite aid. Rolled some UPS and paid zero OOP! Sad how exciting it is to get free cold meds. But timely, since we've been sick at my house for the last 1.5 weeks or so.
    Do the qs in the pack work on that 12 pack? I wasn't sure so I've been holding onto four of them.
    Kat Y.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kat Yes the Q's in the packs of razors are for $3 off the 12 pack of razors! Great deal as long as WalMart continues to have them in stock for $1.97 we will be getting $1.03 overage!! I love shopping for free :)
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,

    I am new to the world of coupons. My wife and I usually shop at Walmart for all our needs. I would like to start using coupons but I do not know where to start. After reading your blog, you sure do know what you are doing. Do you mind helping me out?

    Manny

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Manny,
    Sure I will help you out. A great place to start is with the coupon policy

    http://walmartstores.com/7655.aspx

    Then check out my coupon resource page

    http://harmonyinthethunderstorm.blogspot.com/p/coupon-resources.html

    You will want to follow the well established coupon blogs such as The Krazy Coupon Lady, Money Saving Mom, Passionate Penny Pincher and so on. They will list all of the deals they can find at WalMart not to mention a handful of other stores that should be in your area such as Walgreens, Rite Aid, Super Target, K Mart just to name a few. Subscribe to your local paper. Call first to make sure they have coupon inserts and to see if they offer any discounts on the Sunday only delivery/multiple deliveries. Watch for printable coupons. I use swagbucks

    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/mamareimers

    to print out most of my coupons.
    Match your coupons to your sales and you have a great deal! Please feel free to ask questions!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

GIVEAWAY TODAY!!

iTovi