More Adventures in Parenting

So as you know I have five children and am currently the only parent in the home. Every day is an adventure but here lately I have felt like I am living on my own personal survival show. I am desperately trying to find balance in my daily schedule and there does not seem to be any. Now I am sure that there is time wasted somewhere likely between the 5 o'clock and 6 o'clock in the morning hour but even I need rest.  I try to keep things realistic and realistically speaking that is the best time to just drift in and out while you enjoy the silence or in my case the ringing in my ears but it is all the same thing.

Yesterday I decided to start tackling the mounds of laundry overflowing out of three large laundry baskets in my office. I also really needed to clean my kitchen and get my three year old in to see a doctor. Somehow I thought all of that would get accomplished before noon, not sure why but that is what I was aiming for. Well I got most of the laundry done by noon and the baby down for a nap so that is pretty good. 

The pediatricians office finally called me back and after answering several questions it was decided that Justice needed to be seen not at a regular appointment but at an immediate care clinic. You see Justice in all his toddler glory had fallen twice within 8 days putting a lump first on the front of his head and then one on the back. So I woke up baby Kady, picked up Liberty from school and made our way to the doctor. An hour and a half later we left with instructions to not let Justice get another head injury and a "good luck" from the doc.

I then ran to the commissary because we really needed fresh vegetables for salad in the house, plastic forks, plastic cups and bacon. Sorry no coupons on that trip but I did pick up a lot of great coupons for my big shopping trip that will take place later next week. After that I had to get Hunter and Skylar from karate. My husband was texting me as I shopped and drove to karate wanting to call Hunter. Yesterday was Hunter's 9th birthday!! So I was able to get Hunter on the phone with daddy and the two older girls plus I got a few minutes in with him while we hung out in the parking lot at karate. The day ended well we finished off the last of the burgers that we had made over the weekend for dinner with some raw vegetables and the kids went to bed fairly easily.

Today I woke up determined to get back on my old schedule from before Kady was born. I really like that schedule it had time for me to work out during the day, I had time to read and go for a walk and my house was clean. So as soon as we got home from dropping off the kids I got started and quickly realized that wonderful schedule is still completely unrealistic. School drop off time is later this year which knocks the whole time table off. I was supposed to eat breakfast and make my bed before I ever even left the house and there was no time to nurse Kady or give Justice his snacks and potty breaks. I was cleaning like a crazy person all day and feel like nothing got done. I hope all that cleaning counts as a work out because I think I got my cardio in for the day.

As evening approached you bet I still had a plan it seems to be my new thing. After dropping off Liberty at dance I wanted to get all of the vegetables chopped up for the taco salad which I actually did accomplish along with steaming some carrots for Kady to eat. I was feeling pretty good, till we got home from picking Liberty up. I suddenly had a screaming Kadynce on my hands who having ate her fill of carrots was ready to snuggle and nurse while I needed to get dinner on the table for Justice, Liberty and myself. It was also at that time that Justice decided he needed to go potty again.

He had decided early today that he was going to sit on the potty as often as possible and stay there until something happened so he could get a piece of candy. Needless to say with a bowl of chili in my hands and three plates covered in chips and lettuce I did not have ten minutes to hang out with him in the bathroom so I asked him to go ahead and get on the potty. Fast forward about five minutes I have all three plates on the table and Kady is still screaming at me and there is no sign of Justice. I go to get him off the potty and there he is with a wet shirt, puddle on the floor and a wad of wet toilet paper in his hand that he used to "dry it off". Oh I really did not need that right then, we had to get done quickly so that I could pick up the older two from karate. So I did what any frazzled mother would do, I stripped him down to a pull up gave him a wipe for his hands and told him to go sit at the table. Hey don't judge me I had about ten minutes to work with and Kady was still screaming.

I washed my hands put Kady on my lap and we started to eat. Justice could not navigate his taco salad for anything poor kid I forgot he eats his salad in sections not all piled up. He was dropping food, crying about his lack of clothing and pretty much gave up eating all together. I still had to get him dressed and then we needed to get out the door. By the time we got home I was done. The older two got fed, Justice ate a little bit more with them while I cleaned up the kitchen. I had Liberty pick up the living room for me and Kadynce you guessed it sat screaming in her saucer after having to stop her from eating the food Justice dropped all over the dinning room floor.

So what did the woman do who lived in the shoe with all those kids? She spanked them all and sent them to bed. First night of spring break and even Kadynce is asleep by 8 p.m. the other four are likely laying in bed awake but at this moment my home is quiet and I may actually have time to work out before I crash.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GIVEAWAY TODAY!!

iTovi