Quick commissary trip :)

I did a quick run to the commissary this afternoon because I wanted to drop off a bunch of coupons I was not planning to use that expire before May 15th. I had three coupons that I planned on trying to use next week and just decided to use them today since I was there so this is what I got.

  • 2 Dark Chocolate Dove Easter Eggs the 8 oz bags were marked down to $1.26 and I found another $1 off two coupon
  • Breakstone Sour Cream I had a .50 cents off coupon and it was priced at $1.29
  • Reach Dental Floss I had a $1 off coupon and it was only .80 cents so I got .20 cents overage woo hoo
  • 1 lb carrots on sale for.69 cents
  • 2 Reynolds baking cup liners that were on the dent and ding shelf marked down to .45 cents each which was a .07 cents saving on each one.
My total out of pocket was $4.01, my kids were well behaved and there was no line! It would have been a perfect trip until I checked my receipt and realized they charged me the full price for one of the baking cups along with the discounted price so I had to go back in.

Ok usually I try not to complain but our commissary has a couple of managers who really need some customer service training! When I walked in a manager was coming out of the customer service room door I called out "sir" several times before yelling it loudly then he turned toward me with this "look" on his face. I told him I was over charged so he pointed me to another customer service room which was empty. I went to the cashier and told her I was over charged so she then paged the other manager and I waited. I did finally get my .55 cents back but I feel as though the first manager was extremely rude given the circumstances and the second saw a register error as no reason to hurry his touchy up from wherever he had hid himself away. This is not the first time I have had a problem with the managerial staff at the commissary but it is usually over a W.I.C. purchase. Seriously I suggest better training or get someone better to do the job. The military family as a whole deserves decent if not exemplary customer service when shopping on base at least that is my opinion. I have had wonderful experiences with other managers and I have a few favorites in the cashier and bagger department as well so it is not all bad. 

What are your thoughts? Do the shop managers and staff on your base offer wonderful customer service or are they lacking in the social arts? Please share your stories good, bad and somewhere in between I would love to hear about them.

Comments

  1. You did the right thing Sarah. Are these managers civilian workers? They need a good training in who they are working for if so! Is there a way to go over his head and talk to someone higher up?
    People just doesn't want to be nice or helpful anymore huh? It's sad :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. The managers are civilian or retired military. I am not sure who I would go to about the attitude these two specific managers have but if I get the chance to speak to a commander about it be assured I will be bringing it up.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

GIVEAWAY TODAY!!

iTovi