A week in a nutshell

This has been a very interesting week. Last Saturday started off great the kids and I got to spend part of the day hanging out with friends. We went to a park where the kids got to get in some inflatables and play games, they all won a prize. Then it was off to a flea market for some shopping fun and lunch. That evening we went to church and the sermon was just phenomenal. The main passage was Jude 1:1-4

Jude 1

 1 Jude, a servant of Jesus Christ and a brother of James,
   To those who have been called, who are loved in God the Father and kept for Jesus Christ:
 2 Mercy, peace and love be yours in abundance.
 3 Dear friends, although I was very eager to write to you about the salvation we share, I felt compelled to write and urge you to contend for the faith that was once for all entrusted to God’s holy people. 4 For certain individuals whose condemnation was written about long ago have secretly slipped in among you. They are ungodly people, who pervert the grace of our God into a license for immorality and deny Jesus Christ our only Sovereign and Lord.

Yes, I actually remembered the passage! It actually impressed me so much I read the book of Jude later in the week, it is only one chapter so quick and easy.

After that though things started going down hill. Skylar got very sick Saturday night, Sunday morning I was so worn out from being up with Skylar I posted a shout out on facebook for breakfast. Fortunately another mom read my call and picked us up some doughnuts. Skylar slept the entire day Sunday and did not feel better until Monday evening missing school for that day.

Tuesday Justice woke up sick, now this kid is something else even when he is sick he is in constant motion. He was dancing and bouncing around the house to his music and movies taking a break to run to the bathroom and throw up I mean it the kid is something else. I was lucky enough to have a friend pick up  my older two for school so that he did not have to risk getting sick in the van thank goodness.

On Wednesday he seemed to be feeling somewhat better so I took all three of the older ones to school and literally ran to the store.I had to go to a lot of different places so there was no time to waste. I think I hit up Walgreens for cash, then Target to get a battery charger and rechargeable batteries and the Fisher Price Smart Screen Laptop for Kadynce I had coupons for all of it yeah me, oh I also grabbed a binder to keep all the coupon class stuff in. While we were walking through Target Brent called me! It is often that he will catch me shopping when he calls, he probably thinks I am a shopaholic hmm maybe I am. I enjoyed our chat though and he had found Focus Factor for Kids online for less then I had found it previously he also had a coupon to go with it allowing me to enjoy even more shopping fun later. I love a man who knows what I like and Brent knows I like a good deal matched with coupons, ah my prince.

Then to Walmart to pick up new pillows replacing the two that were christened with vomit and a site to store order I had placed for our daughters DSi and iXL. Only the DSi was there but I figured why not get it since I was already at Walmart anyhow, I am positive I grabbed something else while I was there, oh yes paper plates and cups for my sons birthday party I had a coupon for those too. Then we popped into Game Stop to buy a case and a game for the new DSi, it took forever to pick out a game or mostly to settle on just one I will be heading back out to buy another one soon.

We went home for a quick lunch then it was back to shopping again. I had to hit up the commissary while I had the chance since I truly expected one or more of the rest of my crew to catch whatever this stomach bug is. My favorite parking spot was open I was so happy! I only had about an hour to finish shopping and get everything put away before it was time to get Liberty so my list was in hand and my coupons were sorted. I went straight to the isle I knew I needed to go to and was done very fast. I did have to compromise when the pizza I had a coupon for was not in stock I grabbed some shrimp and a jar of Alfredo Sauce instead. It probably saved me some money in the long run.

After checking out the bagger put all the bags in my cart, as he started to push the cart out it caught Kadynce off guard jerking her head back. She quickly realized it was not mommy pushing the cart and for the first time ever she hung her head down and pouted silently before bursting out in tears! My poor baby cried all the way to the van then hugged on me like crazy when I picked her up to put her in the car seat. We made it home in plenty of time for me to get all of the groceries put away then we were off to pick up Liberty from school. I think that has to be one of the busiest Wednesday's in history.

Thursday morning 1 a.m. Liberty comes into my room "mom... mom I threw up in my bed" oh boy here we go again. I quietly clean up her bed so no one else was woke up, lay out her comforter and tell her to please use the bathroom if she needs to throw up again. Get back to bed and an hour and a half later "mom I threw up in bed again." This time she somehow managed to not only get her comforter, her pillow and herself but got the mattress from one end to the other! Oh lovely. She was shivering,  I was tired,  Kadynce was screaming and at that moment I was not as cool, calm and collected as I usually try to be. There were a few times I had to apologize to Liberty for raising my voice as I tried to get her cleaned up. It was not one of my best moments at all and definitely not Liberty's best either. I again asked a friend to help me out and give my older two a ride to school. The most disappointing part about Liberty getting sick on Thursday was that her dance class pictures were being taken that afternoon. We had saved the money to buy a group photo along with a single photo and I was looking forward to dressing her up. I am not a girly mama I never wear make up or do up my hair, but my daughters love playing dress up and acting girly so this was a very big deal. Brent said that we will have her picture done professionally when he gets home though so not all opportunity is lost.

Friday was a little bit better. Liberty and Justice were still going back and forth to the bathroom but it was not as bad as those first few hours. The day came and went with the biggest event being the possibility of not being paid, then it changed to being paid half our normal pay and by this morning it was clear we would be getting paid the full amount. I have a permanent crease across my forehead from the worry it put me through not so much worry about us but about our friends. I am so glad that was worked out for the better.

Today well has been very, very fast! Bed time snuck up on me. Liberty got sick again today this time it was coming out the other end and if you think she did not handle throwing up very well she definitely does not handle diarrhea well at all. Liberty has a fear of going potty so when I had her sit in the toilet she got off the second I had to walk away and ran to her brothers room where she quickly realized the need to go does not end the minute you get off the potty! I had another mess to clean up and church was out for the night. On a very positive note Brent got to call home to wish me a Happy Anniversary! I so enjoy talking to him I think he just laughed as I carried on a very one sided conversation about the days events from giving Skylar her DSi to having Kadynce wake up at 5:30 this morning and wiggling around in bed with me for over an hour and a half before falling asleep just in time to have Justice come wake us up and everything in between. After everything settled I decided to make cupcakes! It was random and out of the blue but the kids enjoyed having a cupcake smothered in chocolate icing before bed and it felt like a great way to end the day.     

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GIVEAWAY TODAY!!

iTovi