Family time fast forward days 8&9

Don't worry we haven't stopped! We are still right on track reading the Bible, discussing it and praying together every day as a family. We are still doing the Daniel Fast with some modifications here and there I am sure. On Sunday we tried Tahini Wild Rice Cakes and loved them! Brent helped me make them and sprinkled some Old Bay seasoning on ours it was fabulous. On Monday we tried a tofu scramble. I will give you the recipe exactly how I shared it with a friend on Facebook.
" I did "The Daniel Fast" recipe altered for my family. It was the extra firm tofu drained, dried and crumbled. You need a whole chopped onion (I used flakes) and three cloves garlic minced saute in 1-2 tsp/tbsp olive oil. I use the more. Just a couple minutes till onion is done then add 1tsp curry 1/2 tsp turmeric 1/2 tsp cumin salt/pepper and a chopped up tomato plus the tofu. Cook for about five minutes till tofu is hot stirring frequently. Add a bunch of spinach let cook till spinach is desired tenderness then serve. I had all vegetables on the side, not in it because of family need. It was like scrambled eggs and had a nice kick. Not something we will do again I am not a fan of tofu but it worked for tonight."
We had some homemade hash browns on the side too. Brent and I were both starving shortly after eating the meal. Tofu just does not fill you up it burns right off!

 On day 8 we read Mark 6. He faced so much adversity while on earth! At times even His disciples and family doubted Him yet He kept on teaching nothing stopped Him. The kids loved the part where Jesus walks on water, were amazed when He fed the 5000 and sad John the Baptist was killed. I love how much interest they are showing and hope it continues.

Day 9 we were back in the Old Testament 1Samuel 15. I was right Saul was getting to big on himself. He did what he wanted, he did what felt good. Sparring the Amalekite King while destroying his people probably felt good I am sure but it is not what he was instructed to do. Keeping the choice livestock and using them as a burnt offering also felt good but it was in disobedience to the Lord. Saul's time as the King of Israel was over. He could not obey God, he did not even see God as being his always referring to Him as Samuel's God. He lacked faith, he was full of pride instead. That pride led to his end as king.

Prayer time is still a bit hard for the younger ones. They want to pray and be a part of talking to Jesus but find it very hard to sit still and be quiet when it is not their turn. We are working on that I know it is a learning process. It was fun though telling them all last night about a Praise report in our church. A good friend who does so much for the church, the community, the military and even our family has been ill I mean spending nights in the hospital ill. The kind of ill many people don't come home from. Most if not all of the church was pray for her including us. Yesterday the report was posted she was healed!! Praise God!!! Not only was she healed she was going home. How wonderful I am still Praising God for it. My children got to hear first hand that God is still doing miracles! He still cares about us very much. Adding a quick edit here: My son and daughter were very excited to hear about the praise report. I believe it was my son who said in response to God healing her  "God needs to keep the good people in this world". He is so right!!

 I am excited about all the prayers yet to be answered, I am excited about all the amazing things God is doing in our lives. Brent is happier and even more involved in our lives. Our children are eager to learn more about God, they love the stories about Jesus and their faith is being built up in their knowledge of Him. I am leaning more on God and not myself, trusting in Him to take care of situations that I often feel are out of control. We are growing!! God is so good.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GIVEAWAY TODAY!!

iTovi