Family time fast forward day 5

Yesterday was so much better! I woke up in a much better mood, Brent was happy and the older three kids were back in school. We hit balance thank goodness. I was still struggling with some things but the prayers that were a struggle on Wednesday came much easier on Thursday. I also got to try a couple of new recipes and cooking even if it turns out terrible always puts me in a better mood.

 First I made these Oatmeal Raisin Cookies. The kids loved them so success! As for Brent and I well the raisins definitely make them sweet so be sure to use a lot of raisins and we are still looking forward to an Oreo at some point in the future. Next I made a pizza crust which I will get back to in a minute. Then I made unleavened bread using the recipe in "The Daniel Fast" book. I was enjoying myself!

Ok unleavened bread is very oily, I mean very, very oily. It reminded me of the story about Elijah in the Bible when he goes to the Widow and asks for food 1 Kings 17. She only had a bit of oil and flour and the loaves she made with it were probably similar to what I came up with yesterday. If it is all that stands between you and deaths door then by all means eat it! We have enough beans and rice in the pantry to keep us going for a long time so I do not plan on making it again.

 Now the pizza lets just take a moment to laugh because that is what it took to eat our pizza last night a true sense of humor. The crust was thick,dry and hard. So if you try it go for a larger pizza size and get the crust nice and thin, add a little extra spice too. I put a lot of sauce on that crust because it was so hard hoping to soften it up just a bit no such luck. I was going for just a plain cheese pizza. Brent doesn't eat many cooked veggies so that was going to be the best way to serve him. I found a soy based cheese product at the Commissary the other day so I grabbed a bag of the Veggie Shreds and put all six ounces on top.  I baked that pizza for about 15 minutes so the cheese was somewhat if not completely melted. It was  filling, not much flavor and next to the unleavened bread is one of the most interesting, or bland depending on how you look at it, things I have ever tried to make and eat!

Bible reading was awesome last night. We read Mark chapter 5 in which Jesus heals the demon possessed man talk about POWER, raises the dead girl and heals the woman with the issue of bleeding.

Jesus changed that mans life forever! No one could deny the change in him as he shared his testimony. The conversation between Jesus and Legion the demon is also pretty interesting. I find myself wondering just like my son did why did Jesus give it permission to go into the herd of pigs? Jesus knew I am sure what the demons planned to do and that it would ultimately result in the people of the area asking Jesus to leave. Did the testimony of the one man save all who were meant to be saved?
My son had a lot of questions about the demon. He is at the age that he really wants to seek understanding. He asked how a demon and a man could be the same, where there two of them, how did the demon control the man and why did the demons kill the pigs. I really enjoyed listening to his questions and answering them for him.

Then we got to the subject of faith. Faith is what brought healing into the life of the woman with the issue of bleeding. She had complete faith that all she needed to do was touch the hem of the clothes Jesus was wearing to be healed. She was right. In faith she reached out sick, bleeding, unclean and because of that faith she walked away completely restored. Faith is what brought that young girl back to life. Her father had faith when Jesus told him to believe he had faith that the Lord would bring the healing he had asked for on his daughters behalf.  Talking about faith lead to talking about believing.

We are on the verge of salvation! The older three are at a point of understanding, they want to know more!! Woohoo! And these are the moments I wish a pastor was sitting in on family time LOL. It has been such a long time since I was their age.Trying  to recall the ABC's to salvation I memorized in Sunday school. I am going to do some searching I need to be better prepared.

 My children are going to be used by God! My children believe in God, they believe in Jesus, they believe He died and rose again. I had to explain that one last night too. Used good old Disney as my reference. Hercules gotta love it took a trip to hell right? Well that's what Jesus did then he gave old Satan (Hades) the one two punch knocked him out took the keys and conquered death. I think they understood that. Seriously, I know I am rusty on even the basics but they are getting it and the Lord is helping me along the way. So last night was great! I enjoyed it and I loved their questions. I am looking forward to hearing them all pray again this weekend.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GIVEAWAY TODAY!!

iTovi