Family time fast forward day two

Day two! I really miss cheese, a lot. It is worth it though, giving it up for just a little while to watch my family grow in God. Brent is missing meat but I heard him pray out loud today I will take that swap. I am concerned about how he will do as he returns to work. Working with a bunch of men food is bound to come up. I will be praying for him a lot over the next couple of days. We are eating hard boiled eggs this week for one to help us transition into the fast and for another because I had two dozen eggs that needed to be eaten! Oatmeal, vegetables, fruit, rice and beans round out our meals along with a lot and I mean a lot of water. We are satisfied.

Today we read from the book of Mark chapter 4. I love reading the parables! Today what stood out is the story of sowing the seed and how the seed grows depending on where it lands and what is harvested as a result. It makes you think about what you are sowing into your own life and into the lives of others. It also helps you take a deeper look at what you are reaping and just where you are investing your life.

Discussion time was used explaining the Trinity to our children. No it really had nothing to do with what we read but that is the question that came up. I secretly thanked God we had just eaten hard boiled eggs as I used that analogy to explain how the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit are three in the same. I think they understood it. We talked about how big God is and how human Jesus was yet He was still God and how the Holy Spirit is here to help us.

After discussion we prayed. Each child took a turn praying, Brent and I put our hands on Kady as we prayed for her. Brent lifted up his concerns in prayer for what I believe is the first time in front of our children. Our unified hearts cry is that we as a family grow closer to the Lord.

Now I get to prepare myself to be used by God. I know I will be planting the seed of good stewardship tonight as I lead the Coupon and Budgeting workshop. I am excited by all the wonderful possibility! God is doing great things!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GIVEAWAY TODAY!!

iTovi