Family time fast forward day 4

Yesterday was tough. No it was more then tough it was hard. Oh forget it lets be honest I had a horrible attitude all day yesterday! It was not the attitude of prayer I had imagined yesterday would yield instead it was just the opposite. It was Sarah the crabby, angry, unhappy, flesh filled Sarah! Brent was not much better but I will leave Brent's attitude to Brent as I did nothing to help it. I could not think, concentration was impossible and every time I tried to pray I found my thoughts focused on yet another area of my own grumpy existence. What was wrong with me?! I do not think it had anything to do with the fact that yesterday was an all liquid day either because I was not even hungry the first couple hours of the day yet I let every little negative explode into something much bigger in my head.

I did manage to accomplish my shopping trip with all five kids and got everything I set out to buy except dryer bars. They were completely sold out. Guess those coupon classes are sinking in! I had a moment of God's grace while shopping, a temporary distraction from my own thoughts if you will. A mom was shopping with her two daughters, a mom I have seen before, a mom who radiates a sweet spirit, a mom I would love to get to know. We chatted as we met in the aisles. She talking about deals on Marie Calenders and commenting on my crew asking for ages and so on, me commenting on veggie burgers and agreeing I was also very ready for the kids to go back to school. It was normal nothing more but it leaves an opening to continue more chatting in the future!

Last night we read 1 Samuel 12 Samuel's farewell speech. Samuel was so straightforward in his correction of the Israelites. There was no holding back. He went back pointing out each time deliverance lead to forgetfulness which led to sin, loss of promise and persecution. God was good to them though He bailed them out, He gave them deliverance and they yet again refused to see Him for what He truly was. In fear of being overtaken yet again they asked for a flesh and blood king. They struggled to believe in the King they could not see even though He had delivered them so many times before. Man! How many times do we as Christians doubt God's ability to deliver us even though He has never failed us in the past? We look to our own ability or the abilities of others, we forget our own God and fall into sin.

 Samuel put it so simply if you fear the Lord, serve Him, Obey Him and do not rebel against His commands then good. The Lord will not reject you He is pleased to make you His own. But if you insist on sinning, on doing evil, on serving other gods then God's hand will be against you, you will be swept away pretty much like the dust and dirt I swept off the kitchen floor this morning. Of course this is all Sarah-phrased you need to go read it yourself!  The instructions are there right in front of us just like it was right in front of the Israelites so simple so easy. The warning that goes along with it is equally simple and easy to understand. All we need to do is fully rely on God, obey Him and His promises to us will be fulfilled.

Lord help me to obey, to put you first, fill me with your spirit today and every day. Never let me forget least I turn to sin. Thank you for counting me as your own!

God is so good! He still loves me despite of me which is amazing. He is holding my hand and walking me through this journey one baby step at a time. Sending encouragement, showing me little bits of the great plans and promises He has in store. I will not forget the love and forgiveness He has given me.
 I just need to learn how to forget myself so I can give Him more of me!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GIVEAWAY TODAY!!

iTovi