Family time fast forward Day 3

Wow day three feels like day 20! I know my husband is feeling the affect of fasting far more then me as he is obviously tired and really craving meat. Tomorrow is the first day of all liquid and to be honest I find it a bit intimidating. We both prayed for help tonight as we continue in this fast. We have gone through the vegetables extremely fast and my complete lack of knowledge on just how the Daniel Fast works has us all tired of beans and rice!! So tonight I poured over a book  "The Daniel Fast" that a friend of mine thought to lend me and I was able to come up with a menu plan that will work for our family over the next two weeks. Tomorrow I will go shopping for the first 8 meals worth of food with all five kids. Oh dear, please pray for this mama I will need strength, patience and a keen mind considering I have yet to get lucky enough to find firm tofu at the commissary!

Tonight we again read from the book of 1 Samuel chapter 11. The verse that stood out to me was 6 when the spirit of God filled Saul and he burned with anger for his people. He was furious that his people, Gods people where under attack! No time was wasted in defending them and to free them from their captures. The sorry lot that followed Nahash were completely destroyed. As a mom and a wife I have been where Saul stood, not literally of course, but I have burned with an anger that could only come from the Lord to defend my family from Satan's attacks. With a lot of prayer and reliance on God I have won those battles just like Saul.

 For Hunter our 9 year old what stood out to him was Saul's compassion in verses 12 and 13. He knew there were people who did not think he was right to be the king but when the people came together to seek them out and kill them he put a stop to it saying "no one shall be put to death today, for this is the day the Lord has rescued Israel." Saul was a good man right there I am not sure I could do the same! Skylar our 8 year old of course liked the very last verse in that chapter because they held a great celebration!

During prayer we again had each child pray in turn. Sickness seemed to be on each of their minds and protection requesting God's care and healing. Our health and the health of others is tonight's heart cry along with God's help to stay the course over the coming 18 days. Our children were restless during prayer time today I do hope that we can help them learn to be still and quiet in the Almighty's presence.

We fully intend to finish this fast and we are seeing the spiritual benefits from it already as a family. I know God has a lot of great things in mind for us and this is just a small part to our amazing journey. I thank you all so much for praying for us and with us during this time. We are small and weak but God still uses us in mighty ways.

I did have a wonderful praise and worship time with all five of my children this morning on our way to church. It was such a blessing to me to hear them all lifting up their sweet voices in praise right along with me.

 I am sure some of you are wondering just how the coupon and budgeting class went last night as well as the MOPS meeting this morning. I am so pleased to say both were fantastic! God truly filled me up I know  as I spoke to both crowds He was putting word in my mouth and thoughts in my mind. Each class felt completely different but both were fully receptive to everything I had to say. I really enjoyed the freedom of speaking in a church both times it allowed me to just gush about giving which is one of my favorite things to do with God's money.

 I was able to give away at least 20 copies of Dave Ramsey's "The Total Money Makeover" between the two classes which I am so excited about! It completely changed our lives just reading and applying what we learned from that book so the thought that it is changing the lives of 20 or more other families and all for the glory of God is mind blowing. I went over as much coupon and money saving knowledge as I could and then moved on to budgeting sharing our personal story along the way. God has really blessed me with this gift and I am eager to see where He takes me next!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GIVEAWAY TODAY!!

iTovi