What is on the Menu? October 17-31

Sorry I am getting this up a little bit late. My last menu was changed around a bit and we had left overs a couple nights so tonight is actually meal 16 for us. None the less I will post two weeks worth of dinner ideas!

  1. Quiche I will probably make one with just cheese and one with spinach and cheese
  2. Pizza night! I have a bunch of frozen pizzas that are just begging us to eat them. I will serve a simple salad along side for a great meal.
  3. Spaghetti with sauce and perhaps some homemade french bread yum
  4. Chicken burrito The plan is to slow cook four chicken breasts with taco seasoning and shred it (I will freeze half of it for another meal). I will steam some sticky rice and serve it burrito style with lettuce, tomato, avocado and cheese. Maybe add some cilantro too.
  5.  Typically this is date night! The kids will enjoy leftovers or tuna helper.
  6. Grill night! Brats, hot dogs, chips and sliced cucumber and tomatoes
  7. Family Restaurant night. We don't have much left in our restaurant budget since we treated the kids to McDonald's and a bakery treat already this month. Perhaps a trip to Cook Out is in order!
  8. Slow Cooked Lasagna. I found the recipe on Pillsbury and it looks fabulous and very easy.
  9. Spaghetti and Sauce with a simple salad
  10. Another Pizza Night at the Reimers. I swear we could live off of the stuff!
  11. Chipotle Shredded Beef Buritto I found the recipe in All You Magazine and it looks positively mouth watering. We will yet again serve it with lettuce, tomato, avocado and cheese over sticky rice in a burrito. I might heat up some black beans to go with it.
  12. We are going to a church Potluck so Sausage cheese dip is on the menu for tonight. Brown off two pounds of Italian sausage, toss it in the crock pot with a large block of Velveeta cut up in cubes and a large jar of salsa. Let it cook on low stirring occasionally until all the cheese is melted and the dip is heated through. Serve with chips and enjoy!
  13. Grill night again! Brats and dogs woohoo
  14. Tonight I am heating up the rest of that shredded chicken for another round of chicken burritos.
  15. Spaghetti and sauce
We change the menu as needed depending on how crazy a night or day can get. Spaghetti is usually served on days I do not have a lot of time to work on a big dinner. I will try to plan the bigger funner meals on days I have more time to give cooking it my all. We cook out on nights Brent is eager to fire up the grill. I keep all the ingredients on hand so we can be flexible throughout the week. I hope you enjoy the menu. Please feel free to share your meal ideas and recipes. I am currently on the hunt for dinner meal ideas that would cost about $5 total to feed a family my size! I am also interested in breakfast and lunch ideas that are healthy and on the cheap. So share away! I would love to read whatever you have to share.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GIVEAWAY TODAY!!

iTovi