Carlie C's (AKA IGA)

I only did a very small amount of grocery shopping yesterday. We decided to go to the local IGA for the first time ever. Let me just say I love that store! It actually felt like a grocery store. It was roomy, fresh, not over crowded and had friendly helpful staff. It had no corporate America feel to it at all. I loved it.

We went there to see if they still had the family packs of ground beef on special for $1.88 per pound which they did. Then we wandered around for a bit to see what the store was like and to see if they had any other good deals. I found the Le Creme liquid creamer on sale two for $4 and had the Buy 1 Get 1 Free coupon to go with it making them only a $1 each. I also grabbed a pound of Italian Sausage that was on sale and had a coupon to go with it making for another great deal.

I enjoyed my stroll through a real grocery store so much I think I will start shopping there more often. They will often have meat on sale which is great for me since we plan on getting the deep freeze back up and running this week. Time to stock up on meat and other frozen delights!!

If you have an IGA in your area take a moment to step back in time by strolling the aisles of a real grocery store. They are a rare thing in this world of Super WalMarts, Targets, Food Lions and KMarts.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GIVEAWAY TODAY!!

iTovi