Intentional Love (my random thought)

You know those little random thoughts that pop in your head throughout the day? Here lately "I love my husband" has been the most common one. When love replaces the hurt it seems to bubble over into every area of your brain! Have you loved your husband randomly today?
Brent and I started doing devotions, reading the Bible and praying together at night back in August after attending an Art of Marriage conference. We do not get to it every night but we do try very hard to get it done. 
 At the time we had two copies of The Love Dare collecting dust on the shelf so that is where we started. The common theme throughout that book is to love intentionally through Christ.Every time we open that book I see an area of my life that I need to let hate, bitterness and hurt out and let Christ move in.
It is not always easy to love...
Just to love unconditionally...
No string attached to the love... 
I forgive you and still love...
No actually it is impossible without first loving Christ and learning to love like Christ. 
My head is always so full of thoughts, it often feels like soda. Busy bubbles of thought racing around in my head with completely random ones rising to the top going pop and presenting themselves in the middle of my busyness. 
I have lost count of how many of those random thoughts brought out my knee jerk emotion of anger. Dwelling on past hurts kept them busily racing around and popping up in my head. As I have let things go, forgiven things, handed situations over to God instead of bottling them up to deal with later on my own those bubbles are fizzing out at the bottom of the cup so to speak and less and less are making it to the top to pop up in my head. 
Instead happy thoughts are taking their place. I am enjoying my life with my husband, no I am loving my life with my husband! Some days I still have to work hard on the love, some days a hurt bubble will still pop up, but most days the love is just over flowing. 
The hurt and the anger have been replaced, the bitterness has gone away. I want to know more about this amazing creation God made specifically for me! I am so thankful for all the moments I get to share with my man. 
Pray for your husbands ladies! Praying with them is wonderful, but praying for them is important too. Take a moment to lift him up. Then take a moment to walk into the appreciation room in your brain and write something wonderful about your husband in there. Go ahead let Christ in and let Him help you love your husband as He would love your husband.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GIVEAWAY TODAY!!

iTovi