Craziest most wonderful May day ever!

    
                                                         Oh my GOD Brent came home!!!
I think that pretty much sums it up, but I will give you all of the amazing details of my day leading up to this moment.

On Sunday May 1st I had plans to take my crew to Marbles Kids Museum in Raleigh, NC with a friend and her three kids. I got up early and got all ready to go before getting the kids up and at 'em. Getting Kady out of bed ended with her in the tub and me needing a change of clothes. She had a major diaper blow out all over herself, the crib and a odd handful of toys including two Bitty Baby's and a stuffed musical Lumpy. Yet somehow I managed to get the mess cleaned up along with Kady and myself and everyone fed breakfast.

When it was time to leave I had to throw the cover over Brent's bike. He had told me on Friday evening  that one of his co-workers needed to leave some stuff he had shipped over at our house and to leave the key under the bike cover. I thought it was an odd request but since the internet at Brent's base was supposed to be down all day Saturday and Sunday I did not argue I just did it. The cover had blown off during the tornado and high winds and since then a family of lizards had been living in it. Checked that off my list got the kids loaded up in the van and off we went.

We had a great time at Marbles. They have several fun play stations set up that we were able to stroll to at our leisure. The kids got to be vets, cowboys, pirates, aquatic engineers, sports stars and small business entrepreneurs! There was something for everyone and in the three plus hours we spent there we did not cover everything that place had to offer. I can not wait to go back.

Upon arriving home I went and unlocked the front door honestly expecting a huge pile of bags or boxes sitting on my kitchen floor. Instead I saw a gift bag on the counter and a strange man came walking from around the corner. I just stared, I honestly for a split second thought I was seeing things and almost walked back out the door to try it all over again. Brent was home and I could not believe it! Apparently he had been giving me the wrong date for his return all along and when they decided to release him a little bit sooner then that he never let on. It was the best surprise of my life! We then went outside to unload all of the kids from the car with each of them carrying on a different conversation with their daddy and hugging on him in turn. Kady went right to him with no problem at all she thinks this big dude is great and already has him wrapped around her pinky finger.

It is so nice having Brent home. He is tired and obviously worn out, he has a few new aches and pains to tend to but he is home. As soon as he finishes getting re-acclimated to the base we can start a nice period of family bonding around school, dance, karate and church of course. I can not wait for those two weeks to start and I hope it takes a long time for them to end.

Oh and the gift bag was for me! Brent gave me my birthday present early and it was definitely fit for a queen. He brought back gold, frankincense and myrrh of course and the first chance I get we will be filling the house with all of the wonderful smells.

Comments

  1. Wonderful homecoming story, well written! Thanks for sharing! And welcome home, Brent!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

GIVEAWAY TODAY!!

iTovi