Summer Break is cooking already

 It is summer break oh what to do? Sleep away the hours or spend them all with you. Pour over a book, watch a great flick, get lost in imagination yup that should do the trick. I will not think about school or work only play and lazy days is how I will spend the summer away...

This afternoon was the first weekday of summer break so after spending the morning cleaning the house... Wait what did you say!? Yes, I cleaned the house with all five of the kids at home crazy as it sounds I actually seem to function better when they are all home with me. So as I was saying after I picked up the house, vacuumed, swept, mopped, laundered and loaded dirty dishes I made a lasagna with Skylar.

It was the first homemade lasagna I have ever made. I know, I know pretty crazy thing to have on my first ever list but I have a very good reason for never making it from scratch "TIME"! I have never had complaints about a frozen Stoufers Lasagna so the desire to make one from scratch was never really there. I acquired some free lasagna noodles and Italian sausage though and decided it was time to make my first lasagna. I was right about the whole time thing from start to finish it takes a solid three hours! I had the kids help make chocolate chip cookies while we waited for the meat sauce to simmer on the stove so we have a yummy dessert to go with our dinner.

Cooking with Skylar was fun and something I definitely need to do more often now that they are on break for the summer. While my main apprehension about making lasagna was confirmed I think if it turns out to be a hit I will be putting it back on the menu again in the future.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GIVEAWAY TODAY!!

iTovi