Be spontanious! Because you know it is the only way to be...

Today was supposed to be chicken and noodles over mashed potatoes day according to that nice 21 meal menu I shared with you all earlier in my posts. Well I apparently bought bone in skin on chicken thighs instead of the boneless skinless kind I prefer to use in chicken and noodles.

So I am changing up the menu.

I am frying us up those thighs with a little old bay seasoning in the flour yum! Still gonna mash up the potatoes I bought at the store this morning and serving raw baby carrots on the side. I will steam a few of those for baby Kady though so she can enjoy dinner with us. I also whipped up a quick cheesecake too!

I call it a Mock Godiva Chocolate Cheesecake because it reminds me of the Godiva Chocolate cheesecake I had from the Cheesecake Factory. However it is actually called Chocolate Velvet Pie  the recipe is actually found on the back of some Nestle Toll House packages and it is so simple.

All you need is 1 3/4 cup melted milk chocolate morsels,  8 ounces softened cream cheese and 1 tsp of vanilla mixed together until well blended. Then whip up a cup of heavy whipping cream and mix that into the chocolate mixture again until well blended. Spoon all of that into a chocolate cookie crumb crust (Oreo makes a great one) cover and chill for about two hours.

I serve it with some homemade whipped topping:
1 cup heavy whipping cream 1/2 tsp vanilla and about 2 tsp sugar whip it into submission and you have a heavenly dessert.A tip about making your own whip use a metal bowl that has sat in the freezer for a bit so it is good and cold. It helps you get a better whip!

As for the noodles we are not using tonight I think I will try them next week in a cheesy noodle casserole recipe I found in a cookbook :)  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GIVEAWAY TODAY!!

iTovi