Busy boy syndrome

I have a three year old son named Justice who is the busiest child I know. Today for example I needed him to sit down and watch a movie with his little sister so I could get the budget balanced and then make lunch. I do not think they watched very much of the movie at all. Kady actually ended up following me into the office while Justice bounced from one room to the next finally deciding on causing mischief of the electronic sorts.

He figured out a long time ago how the Xbox and Wii work or at least the basics of it so he took out the DVD that was in the Xbox and put it in the Wii I can only assume for safe keeping. He then grabbed one of our new Kinect Xbox games and put it in the Xbox promptly loosing the case for the game. Cue mommy walking in at that point looking for Kady's cup of water so I could snuggle her. Forget snuggling I had to rescue the Xbox remote that Justice was shaking madly at the TV saying "It won't work" and get the game out of the Xbox that he is not supposed to touch. I quickly realized the case was missing but decided it was more important to send him to his bed "time out" then have him help me look for the missing case and the DVD that also now happened to be missing.

A few minutes of searching go by, the time out was over so he can help, I call him no answer I walk down the hall toward the kids room calling him still no answer I get to his door and the girls bedroom door opens! Oh no he was in the girls room playing not on time out! And he had MONEY! Damage control in the girls room revealed he found Liberty's money pouch and markers. George Washington needed more blue then green as far as Justice was concerned so he colored all four of Liberty's dollars. I had him in his room while I searched the girls room and confiscated the markers when I went to get him he was standing on his brothers toy chest playing with his brothers legos. Justice was really on a role!

He helped me find the missing Kinect game case and showed me where the DVD was in the Wii of course. I now have no clue where the DVD case is but that is one battle that will just have to wait. Fast forward a bit Kady is napping, lunch has been served and I am loading the dishwasher. Justice is supposed to be resting on the couch I hear a crash nope he is dumping out the toy basket. Hear strange noises a few minutes later he is balanced on the foot rest of the recliner with his butt up in the air and the toy basket on top of him. I made him get down and play on the floor. He actually played nicely if not quietly for a little while so I could finish the dishes.

As I moved from the kitchen clean up to the laundry room I decided to have him color on the kitchen floor where I could see him from the laundry room. Within a few minutes I hear the front door open Justice was heading outside with chalk box in hand. At that point I take Justice to the bathroom to avoid another catastrophe or so I think.

He goes potty I help him get off the toilet and the deal is he is supposed to pull up his pants, flush the toilet and shut the door on his own. About five minutes go by and Justice has not come out of the bathroom I go check on him he has the girls comb in his hand soaked up to the elbow and is STILL flushing the toilet. Apparently he was fishing and flushed one of my daughters head bands down the hole. So he was trying to fix it with the comb!

I did once again try to get him to sit down and color me a picture. He somehow interpreted my instructions to grab the crayon box, sit down on the kitchen floor and color in the coloring book as grab the scissors sit on the living room carpet and cut up the coloring book. So I think coloring is just a lost cause on days like today. 

Fortunately with all of these strange events the day is really flying by but I am exhausted. I just wanted to share some of the laughs I am sure I will have later remembering this day with all of you. Included in the laughs is all the help he has given me while writing this post from telling me just how to spell his name, to pushing the CAP lock button, to crawling all over me and now making a loud enough bang with the recliner to wake up the napping Kady!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GIVEAWAY TODAY!!

iTovi