Fast Forward all the way to 21

Yes we made it!
 21 days in prayers,
21 days of reading the Bible,
21 days of fasting (for the most part)!

It was not easy no not at all. It was nothing like I thought it would be. It was an experience that I do want to try again sooner rather then later!

Reading the Bible and praying as a family on a daily basis is still happening. We did miss one day and honestly I felt it, like a missed conversation with your best friend. Today we only got in a couple minutes of Bible reading and prayer but the point is we did it. Maybe even more so the point is the kids asked for it. I liked that! I like that  they are in this with us holding us adults accountable.

I too had started to carve out time to pray and read by myself each day during the committed 21 days. On the days I don't get to I feel like I am barely getting through the day. I hate myself and everyone else within hours of waking up and it pretty much sets my day up for complete destruction. So I need that time. I need to pray. I need to pour my heart out and ask God to fill it back up with His love and His peace. I feel lighter, happier and much more capable after I do.

Oh and we lost weight Brent lost a lot close to 15 pounds me not so much but I was not really trying to loose weight in the first place. I liked the way we were eating. I think I might just go back to it... maybe. I am enjoying my chocolate this week cupcakes, ice cream, overdosing on chips and dip. A seafood feast is planned for Valentine's along with cheesecake so I do not plan on cutting it all out again to soon. I did learn a few things though. I do not do soy very well and I need to keep meat minimal. Box cake mix tastes like crap if you have not eaten it in awhile and Oreo cookies really are not all they are cracked up to be. I can live without it and live, actually I would probably live longer if I did!

Bible time has been great. Getting to know Jesus first hand, digging into the life of David. Fielding questions about demons and giants and talking about faith. Yesterday, well yesterday was comical as Hunter talked about his take on having more then one wife. Lets just hope we can get it into his head that having ten wives really is not a good idea before he turns 21!! Brent was too busy laughing to help me much and really the best I could come up with was one wife is more then enough! Hunter thought David having two wives was just great it meant he could have two kids at the same time. He had a big goofy grin on his face you could just see the thought process going on. No Hunter the Bible, God says just one wife one, not two, not ten one. It was lost on him he was in his own world building his kingdom with ten wives and dozens of children. "Lord, help us!"

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

GIVEAWAY TODAY!!

iTovi