What is on the Menu? November 8-18 2011

I am so behind guys! I was finally able to write up a quick 11 day menu to at least get us through the 18th. We have been living off of left overs and quick thinking! Let me just say the chipotle shredded beef and simple chicken burritos were a huge hit at my house!
Ok the menu. This is all based on stuff I already have stocked up in my pantry and freezer and yes we finally stocked up on some meat in my deep freezer.

  1. Fried Catfish Nuggets (cornmeal, salt, pepper deep fry in oil just a couple minutes and yum) Cornbread muffins and carrots both raw and steamed to suit the entire family
  2. Meatloaf and Mashed potatoes served with String beans
  3. Chili with beans served over rice or tortillas
  4. Restaurant Night!! For us this is November 11th if you are a member of the Armed Forces check to see which restaurants in your area are honoring you with a free meal!
  5. Spaghetti with Salad and hopefully home made bread
  6. Homemade Pizza
  7. Baked Chicken bone in, sticky rice and broccoli again some raw some steamed
  8. Chili with beans served over rice or with tortillas
  9. Meatloaf and Mashed potatoes here you can not have one without the other. Not sure which veggie we will have maybe a salad.
  10. Spaghetti with Salad maybe some bread. 
  11. Date Night woot woot! The kids will get either left overs or Tuna Helper. 
Did you guys stock up on Hamburger/Tune Helper when it was on sale at Food Lion? I sure did. I also stocked up on Tuna Fish at the commissary since it was on sale at the same time.We got a bunch of ground beef cheap at our local IGA too.


So there you have it. Our menu for the next 11 days. I hope it gives you a few simple ideas to make your own if you are like me and have not come up with one yet. Be sure to watch for meat sales. I have been finding great deals on chicken, ground beef and fish! Keep your eyes peeled for the deals on canned pumpkin that are sure to be coming up over the next couple of months as well. I always buy a bunch so we can enjoy pumpkin pie all year round. Have a great November and I will try to post again soon!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GIVEAWAY TODAY!!

iTovi