It's the little things

Cleaning up the kitchen today Justice came running in dressed as Batman's sidekick Robin "Mom I am going to play super hero". So cute! I helped my little super hero finish putting on his costume. Then he was off not to fight crime but to read a book in his bed for quiet time. Later I got to read with him enjoying one of those rare one on one moments. It was so nice.

Brent was promoted yesterday. He had the entire family get up on stage with him! We all got to punch him in the arm right on that new stripe. Even Kady gave him a good punch with that sweet baby fist. She had the Colonel cracking up as she danced across the stage holding my hand as we made our way to daddy's side. It was wonderful and I am so proud of him.

I have been enjoying all of the hilarious faces Kadynce has been making. Her personality is really shining through and she is so much fun. Her favorite thing to say is "Your so funny!" Laughing as she says it. She is the silliest child we have and that is really saying something!  She loves shoes. She loves stealing shoes, hiding them, trying them on and playing with them. She is so different.

Have you ever noticed the reaction people give you when you go shopping? I get it all good,bad ,ugly,a bit to nosy, inquisitive, super positive and everything in between. I am used to it having become a professional shopping mom. You know the type we are completely at ease strutting down the aisle with a screaming infant in the cart and a toddler running circles around us. Ok that is stretching it a bit. My child never screams and my toddler is a complete angel! Yes I have a sarcastic streak in me can't you tell? None the less I have received my fair share of dirty looks. Most often though the looks and comments I get are positive. People ask where my large crew are when I have the chance to leave them at home so I take that as a good thing.

Lately though I have been noticing how people respond to my crazy coupon collection. When I carried my Couponizer I was stopped by inquisitive shoppers liking how compact it was. A feature I really liked myself until my coupons became to much for it and I had to graduate to something bigger, much bigger. I now carry a huge zippered case with a double binder inside of it that I add to almost daily. Now I am stopped so people can peak at the pages and I answer questions on how to put one together. I nod in recognition to the other "coupon" ladies with binders laid out across their carts or totted snugly under their arm. I also get the raised eyebrow and get to over hear the not so whispered vents about those extreme couponers. It is all good of course and one of these days I may tell those not so whispery people all about how much money I save as they go deeper in debt paying full price for their frozen lasagna. I know who I am, I am happily saving money and making life a little bit easier on my oversized family.

Our last trip to the commissary was a family affair. Not as organized as usual but still just as productive. With two shopping carts full of groceries 6 months worth of laundry detergent, 30 pound of dog food, a couple freebies and the months worth of meat. We only spent $315 that includes the tip for the bagger. I saved a good $57 not to mention the fact that most of what I bought was on sale so I think I did great. We were stalked by a sweet little lady who was eager to know just how much I saved at the end of my 2 hour spree. I think she was slightly disappointed I had not saved more only saying "Oh well every bit helps". She had apparently seen four other coupon bindered shoppers that morning.

 At another point in our trip actually close to the beginning my husband had to run to another store before meeting me in the commissary and had a small bag in his hand. As two ladies walked by he tucked the bag into the breast pocket of his coat. The ladies then having been looking in our direction as he did this put their heads together and started talking rapidly to each other. I looked up at my husband and jokingly said "They think you were shop lifting!" He having  better hearing then me looks at me and says " No they were talking about your coupons". Haha oh well can't win them all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GIVEAWAY TODAY!!

iTovi