Summer time

Can you tell I am having a busy summer? I know it has been awful quiet around here, but trust me it has been gloriously loud on the home front. So please don't give up on me yet I assure you once school starts back up in a couple weeks you will get sick and tired of reading posts from a bored out of her mind mom. It is always a strange transition going from 5 to only 2 kids in the house. I think I prefer the 5 to be honest. Plus do not forget my great coupon resource page and my recipe page!

We did a half way cross country drive with the kids (yes all five) earlier this month and it was great! The first leg of our trip was from North Carolina to Kansas City, Missouri where I have an Aunt, Uncle and a couple cousins. It was an 18 hour drive straight through. The portable DVD player and DS games were our saving grace the entire trip I am very proud of how well the kids did. We had a great time! Brent went on a Harley Davidson Tour while the kids and I checked out some fun stuff at the Crown Center.

Next we took off to Grand Island, Nebraska which is my husbands home town. It was so nice seeing family we had not seen in years. Along with meeting a whole bunch of family members we had never had the chance to meet in the past. We also got to spend some time with a few of Brent's old friends and their families. The kids had a great time fishing with grandpa. Brent's parents really enjoyed spending time with their grandchildren the youngest of which they had never met. It was just a great time had by all and long over due.

Next we drove to Noble, Oklahoma where we lived for 6 years before we moved to North Carolina. We spent the first night there catching up with military friends who were still in the area. Our second day there which was our only full day we spent driving from one friends house to the next soaking up as much of their friendly Oklahoma hospitality as we could to last us another couple years. We left the next morning heavy hearted and loaded down with cupcakes! I know strange combination but if you are ever in the Norman, Oklahoma area you have got to look up my friend Leah The Cupcake Queen. She makes the most amazing cupcakes!

We then spent a night in Memphis, Tennessee. Even though we only had one night there it was a great one because we got to go shopping. Our hotel was right across the street from a massive mall so we went there to get some dinner and walk around. I fell in love with this cute little tea shop and walked out with over $100 of tea goodness. I am loving my tea and it should last me a nice long time.

After that we went home. Oh home, glorious home! Even though it was a fun trip, and the kids were great, and we all had a wonderful time it felt great to be home. It took a good two weeks to finally get everything unpacked. I still have a small toiletries bag to dismantle but there is no hurry. Spending time together as a family this summer instead of miles apart or scattered to the wind was such a blessing. Brent and I are already searching for next summers vacation destination, although I think we are going to go with one that does not require so much driving!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GIVEAWAY TODAY!!

iTovi