Hmm

This morning I heard something that made me want to reach into the car radio and slap the girl talking through the speaker. The hot topic being discused had to do with the individuals of Seal Team Six speaking out about their mission. I tuned in somewhere in the middle but from what I gathered at that moment they were talking about the hardships endured by maybe Navy Seals or just deployed military in general. The young woman chimed in that "these guys" don't really have it as bad as we think and that many of them are deployed with roll out posture pedic beds. She suggested that since they are worth hundreds of thousands of dollars in training they get hooked up out in the field and the military wouldn't just let them go on the way side ( be neglected). I may have snorted at that point. I later found out she is a military spouse, that really shocked me.

I know everyone's deployment experience is different so maybe her husband is deployed with a nice bed to sleep on but that is not the norm... The norm for many, no make that most is a dirt floor, maybe a cot, shipping crates creatively put together with a thin mat on top, a towel for their head. Food sucks! Forget special diets and food aversions, if you're in the field I hope you like SODIUM oh I mean MREs. The stress these individuals face changes their lives forever. As a spouse I can assure you my husband is not the same man he was before his first deployment.

I get why people are upset about these men speaking out. I also get why these men are speaking out. On the one hand their safety is a concern on the other the truth needs to be told. Deployments are no joke, there is no cushy hook up once you get to your final destination. I've never heard of posturepedic roll out beds being mission essential equipment, even if they were I doubt anyone would be sleeping easy on them with mortar shells in coming.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GIVEAWAY TODAY!!

iTovi