The Greatest Party of All Time

 I know it has been a long time since you all have heard from me, well no fear all is well in my world and I hope all is well in yours! I admit it has been crazy with recovering from Lyme disease, going to college full time online, breast reduction surgery and then we started homeschooling all five of our littles so you can see why I have not been posting. That does not mean I have not wanted to because I have just way to much going on to unclog the writers block or perhaps not enough to inspire it free. 

 The reason I am writing a post today is to share something big, really big, that we are getting ready to do. This month despite all of our normal chaos we have been led to host a huge fundraiser for a friend of ours who just happens to be as crazy as me right down to the house full of kids, hubby in the military and homeschooling to boot! What is the fund raiser for? Why to add to their family tree of course! You see she and her husband both felt the call to adopt a deaf child and so they started their journey. You can read more about that here https://www.facebook.com/operationmegatron

 On August 1st my friend started a fast ,you see they have to raise $30,000 to see this adoption through and they believe God is going to lead them through this whole adoption process with zero debt so that is a pretty big thing right there and a fast seemed appropriate. In the mean time here I am helping my daughters sort through all their stuff and facing the birthday dilemma, you know what I mean, the big party, the piles of presents and the having no where to put it all when the party is over and knowing most of it will never get played with or will end up broken dilemma. The Loo family had been heavy on my heart and I knew whatever we cleared out of the girls room was going to them for a yard sale they are planning, but they still really just sat there kinda lodged in my heart. That is when an idea popped into my head "Why not give them the party instead!". Cue giant Grinch smile and I poured my heart out to my two soon to be celebrating birthdays daughters. They liked the idea in fact they liked it a lot, so I presented it to my husband who eh lets just say it took a couple days to fully sink in and leave it at that LOL. I do have his full support now though just so you know and he is the mastermind behind us holding a silent auction during the party which so far is looking pretty sweet. Our daughters are also fully on board and are really looking forward to this event, I could not be more proud of them to be so willing to give up birthday presents from friends to bring home this little boy, they could have said no and I would have respected that completely but they didn't instead they are helping brain storm ideas and asking what more they can do.

So I got a hold of Kathy my crazy friend and told her we needed to get together because I had this great idea. We met up at a local chicken joint and while our kids played I talked, she listened and there you go I was planning my first ever fund raiser because of course she loved the idea, and of course it came right at the end of a month long fast, and of course it was just gonna be awesome! After all of that I had to figure a few things out like the invite, just how do you present something like this to the public. So this is what I came up with granted it has had a few revisions but you get the idea.

 
" Let’s get this party started right!!! Please join us on September 28th at 6pm for a “Despicable” good time and a “Gru”vy costume party boos ya! Everyone is invited to wear their favorite “not scary” character costume, moms and dads this goes for you too! There will be games and plenty of food too.
This year our girls Liberty and Skylar have decided to not have just any old party for their 8th and 10th birthday celebrations, instead they are giving their party away to help bring a little boy in China closer to his forever family right here in Goldsboro, NC. Kathy Loo the adoptive mom will be in the house to talk a little bit about their adoption journey, to help you get a closer understanding of what you are helping us support.
So here is the dealio instead of gifts we are asking that you kindly and generously give a TAX DEDUCTIBLE donation to the Loo Family at https://www.adopttogether.org/operationmegatronhttps://www.adopttogether.org/operationmegatron
Bring your dollars daddy’s and mommy’s as we will also be doing a raffle for only the hottest toy on the market!!!! One I am sure your minions will LOVE!! There will also be a silent auction for your bidding pleasure on site so come prepared to shop!
To all of our out of state friends and family we are inviting you to help us celebrate the true meaning of family and consider giving toward this awesome cause “Operation Megatron”."


Sounds fun doesn't it?  Here is where it gets even better!! When asking my daughter Liberty,the one who is turning 8 very soon, just how much she thought each person would give she quickly said $30. Now she had no idea that the Loo's needed to raise $30,000, but so far not much of what has been going on behind the scenes has made sense so it fits! Now this is what we are doing we are asking everyone we know to share https://www.adopttogether.org/operationmegatron   and help us get 1000 people to pledge $30 each between now and September 28th which is the day of the party. If you think about it 1000 people really are not that many I bet you have close to that many friends on Facebook right now so go ahead and share the link and ask them to pledge just $30 to help this family bring home their son. Every cent made from this event goes toward the adoption and every cent donated online is tax deductible. So if you see this blog and you've read this far please share it, share the link, pledge $30 and help us build the Loo family tree. Thank you
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GIVEAWAY TODAY!!

iTovi