Let's play catch up

Hi! It's been awhile, a long while actually, over a full year has passed since I had the chance to catch my breath and write a blog. Let's see, I tapered off writing when I started my college journey...

It was great! Honestly, I really enjoyed the challenge that going to college full time presented me with. No, I did not graduate and at the moment I have no plans to do so. I started college and then I started homeschooling and then we got orders. While I was enjoying the challenge I really struggled finding the balance between my school work and my kids. When we got orders to move I really had to double up on my college work to finish all of my classes by the end of February instead of the traditional mid to end of May. I did it, I did it well I held a 4.0 with no problem but I was burnt out and felt like I was failing at my biggest challenge being the MOM. I know plenty of moms who can do it all and they do it great I just couldn't. So while college was great and great for me I let that chapter of my life close to allow another chapter to begin.

We got ORDERS! As my husbands time with K9 was coming to a close he put in for a couple different special duty assignments. They were all long shots but he knew if he didn't apply he  definitely wouldn't get the job so there was no harm in applying. I was rooting for a job that would land us in Texas, I mean I was praying hard and already had my mind made up we were going there. The conversation the day he got orders went something like this. " Well I didn't get that job in Texas." " Ok I guess that just wasn't in the Plans for us" said in my most disappointed but trying to be supportive voice, " so now what?" " I got the job in Minot! We are moving to North Dakota!".... Crickets, yes in my head I heard crickets, in hind sight it was probably the blood rushing from my brain to my toes but I couldn't tell at that moment. Why not Minot was not my mantra, I hate the cold, why was my husband so excited about moving anyways, ok God is just playing a joke and the orders will get canceled also went through my head as I jointedly croaked out, " That's great honey." My husband floated through the next couple of months as I drowned in my school work, prepared the kids to move from NC to ND and tried to wrap my head around the whole renting out my house thing that we decided to do instead of selling it. March came, the orders did not get canceled, God was not joking, TMO showed up to pack up everything we owned and as if on cue my kids all started vomiting. We made it to Minot with another great puking PCS story under our belts and I immediately fell in love with North Dakota. Perhaps I was delirious at that moment but the infatuation has not worn off and I am so glad we came.

We started attending the little Protestant chapel on base at Easter and by the end of June I was hired on as part of the staff. I couldn't completely give up being challenged I guess. I am the Hospitality Coordinator which in my personal translation means I cook and serve dinner every Wednesday night for anywhere from sixty to one hundred people who attend Religious Education classes or just need a free dinner and fellowship. I have a few other responsibilities too but that is the big one and I love it.

I still homeschool the fantastic five, I still adore my husband who loves his new job here at Minot and I still think about tons of great things to blog about on a regular basis. So I am hoping to get back into the habit of writing my thoughts, menu plans, convictions and inspirations again! I've missed it, I've missed all of you. Hope to write again soon and in between times please know I am keeping the adventure real!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GIVEAWAY TODAY!!

iTovi