College is in the air

Exciting news on the front!! I am in the process of enrolling in college!! Woohoo!!! I bet you all thought you were reading a blog written by an educated woman but that is not the case. Let me rephrase that I am educated of my own accord I research, I get info, I retain it and share it so in that sense I am educated. I have just never pursued a college degree and I am so excited.

Now I had no idea the application process involved with enrolling in higher education. I have applied to get into the college, applied for GED transcripts, applied for GI Bill benefits and applied for FAFSA because I will only get 50% of the GI benefits I applied for. Long story on the GI Bill thing but that is for another day.  I have applied my butt off and it isn't done yet.

Currently I am applying for scholarships and grants pretty much anything that will help cover costs beyond what I should have covered using the Post 9/11 GI Bill. At first it seemed everything out there was closed out for the year or for children. I know I am getting a late start I mean I did just wake up one day last week and decided it was time to get my butt to college but really there should still be stuff out there! I have recently found a nice handful of scholarships to use for my spring semester that I qualify for. The best thing is I have found scholarships that I can apply for right now for this up coming fall semester! If you are looking for scholarships check out Fastweb it is free and so far I have three pages worth of scholarships saved to apply for. Don't wait though several expire or end on July 31, 2012.  I even did an essay on ice cream for one of them now that was fun.

I just wanted to post an update I know I have not done anything on here all summer. We have been enjoying ourselves though. I hope to get more blogging done in the future but if I don't just think of me as a be-bopping hip-hopping college student and smile or more literally a baby on the hip hopping over toys trying not to loose my mind college student and enjoy the laugh!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GIVEAWAY TODAY!!

iTovi